In November, 1911, citizens of Spencer, West Virginia met to discuss banking in the Mid-Ohio Valley. Their goal was to establish a community bank that could offer the same services as a larger banking conglomerate, but on a more personal scale. In December, their charter was granted and First National Bank was established.
First National Bank officially opened for business a few months later. With deposits steadily growing, by the end of 1912, the site of the old Adams and Johnson Livery barn became home to the new three-story bank.
In 1944, a committee headed by president T.V. Foster led the merger with First National Bank of Reedy. Five years later, the Roane County Bank was purchased, tripling capital stock from $50,000 to $150,000. Under the leadership of James F. McCulty, who took over as president and CEO in August 1994, FNB continued to flourish. In 1998, President McCulty spearheaded the expansion of FNB into Parkersburg, WV.
Now, our three offices still maintain the same mission of bringing superior service to our customers. November of 2006 marked another milestone for us as we changed from a national to a state-chartered bank, bringing with it our new name - First Neighborhood Bank. We've always been about neighbors helping neighbors, and now our name reflects that commitment to the communities we serve.